Benefits of Pet Massage:
Animals experience similar age and stress-related conditions that people do. Massage is an effective tool for managing stress and can also help address a number of health issues. Some of the benefits of pet massage are:
- Stress & anxiety reduction
- Enhanced relaxation
- Calms behavioral problems
- Performance enhancement for animal athletes
- Increased circulation
- Calms skin conditions
- Brightens the coat
- Overall health & wellness
Massage and Bodywork can also:
- Alleviate pain related to conditions such as hip dysplasia, arthritis, ACL injuries, back problems, etc.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help animal athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous exercise and competitions.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Increase mobility, joint flexibility and range of motion.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration and reduce scar tissue.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Remove metabolic waste.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.*
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.*
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Complement veterinary care.
*Massage is contraindicated on a fresh surgical or injured site, but can be gently performed on the rest of the animal's body away from the compromised area.
Pet massage and alternative therapies do not take the place of proper veterinary care.